We had a lazy morning - our sleep schedules have been really messed up after being in the hospital for a week. I have sympathy for my patients who have their days and nights mixed up. It's easy to do when you're being fed pain meds that make you sleepy and then getting woken up every 2-4 hours for vital signs or doctor rounds or whatever the case may be. And that was just me as a mom! Jaimi actually had the meds and dealt with the side effects. I was just there for the repositioning, rounding, therapies, vitals, etc. Oh well. We should be adjusting back soon.
And that will be helped along by everyone coming back from their camping expedition this afternoon. Everyone had a good time, were dirty and smelled like campfire, and exhausted. :) All the kids got to row around the lake in a boat and catch fish which they then got to "gut". My kids love doing that. Gross. I don't know where they get that from. They brought home a good amount of their catch of the day and will cook it up for dinner tomorrow, probably.
Macie, who is 3 1/2 years old, was so cute and came and sat with Jaimi for a good part of the afternoon, talking to her and looking at all of her goodies from the hospital. Jaimi got up and spent a good portion of the afternoon and evening out in the kitchen and living room visiting as well. She says she's not really dizzy anymore and hasn't had any nausea since Thursday morning. So that's really great. Our friend Stephanie came by for a visit this afternoon too. It was wonderful to see her.
We got a message this evening that there had been flowers delivered to the hospital for Jaimi and they were wondering what we wanted them to do with them, so the girls and I took a field trip back up to Shriner's and picked up the flowers that our dear friends in Las Cruces sent, but for some reason the florist took FOREVER to deliver. I posted a picture of Jaimi with them. They arranged the flowers so they look like a puppy. They are so cute! I was nervous for Jaimi to come and for how she would do sitting in the car for almost 2 hours, but she basically told me to chill out and that she would be fine, which she was. That probably won't stop me from worrying, but I'm glad she knows her body and is comfortable enough to tell when she's had enough and when she's good to go.
Tomorrow Sunni, Josh and their kids will head up to Snowbird for their family vacation and I have a date with Jake. He's been missing his mama, and I've been missing him as well. I'm going to spend some one on one time with each of the 3 younger kiddos this coming week before they go back to LC with their dad next Friday. It's nice to have everyone back together again.
No comments:
Post a Comment