Well, we're not quite truly home again, but back at our home for the next month or so. Jaimi was discharged from the hospital this afternoon and we are back at Pam's house. She had a better night last night and her pain is getting consistently better. She is still struggling with dizziness and nausea at times, but is handling them well and knows when she needs to take a break.
Pam and LaMar and my kids and Sunni and Josh and their kids all went off camping for the next couple of days so it's just Jaimi and me here in the house. It's oddly quiet. But I think it will be good to have this time to adjust to being back in a house and not in the hospital. She tolerated the drive back here pretty well, but was really dizzy and went right to bed when we got inside.
I went and filled her prescription for pain medication and got some groceries to make her favorite chicken and rice soup and then came back and made that. She ate a whole bowl of it, even after eating quite a bit of popcorn. It's funny the foods she wants to eat. She's been through phases of red grapes (not green or black ones), cantaloupe (soft with no white spots), ice cream, and soup, among others that I can't think of at the moment.
I feel such gratitude for the Shriners and the hospital and programs that they have in place to help kids. The doctors and nurses and all of the staff at the hospital were fantastic, but I'm also so thankful for the people behind the scenes who provide the means for these people to work their medical miracles.
Love and hugs to all of our family and friends as well. Your support and prayers and love have made a huge impact on Jaimi, me and all of us. Love to you.
OK - I tried to post a comment before, but I don't think it worked. So - what I was saying was that I'm very happy that things are going so well and that you're out of the hospital and moving forward. When you talked about the people in the background for the hospital funding, it made me think that Grandpa must be up in heaven smiling down and helping out. Love you much.
ReplyDeleteThat's cool, Katy. I'm sure he and Grandma and Granny and Pa and lots of others are definitely helping out. Love you.
ReplyDelete