Jaimi is up in the wheelchair right now, for the 4th time today. She says the wheelchair is a lot more comfortable than the regular chair she has been sitting in. She got weighed and measured and explored the hospital a bit. She is now clocking in at 5 feet, 6 and almost 3/4 inches. She was 5' 5.5" at her well child check up a week before surgery. So she grew a little over an inch from the surgery. Pretty cool! I wonder how her shirts will fit her. I'm sure she'll find some that need replacing, whether they really do or not. :)
She ate a Subway sandwich for dinner. Her appetite is coming back, so that's good! She took a shower this evening too and got to have "toasted blankets" (from the warmer) afterwards, which she thinks is lovely. And, I suppose, as another sign that she's doing better, her attitude is coming back as well. There have been a couple times I was hoping they would put her back under anesthesia, actually! Ha Ha. Just kidding (sort of). She's doing so great!
We've had a quiet day today for the most part, other than rolling around the hospital. She was able to move the wheelchair herself for almost all of the time, just got a bit tired after an hour or more of being up. She chilled out on the huge couch they have in the rec area. It's super comfy and could probably seat 25 people easily. It's pretty cool.
She wishes she had more visitors, but it's kind of a drive from Las Cruces! We'll see what tomorrow brings. :)
Jami! You rock! And I so TOTALLY would come visit if I could. I'm so impressed and proud of you.
ReplyDeleteWhen will she get out of the hospital?
ReplyDeleteSharon, she should be released back to Pam's house either tomorrow or Wednesday. And thanks, Joe! :)
ReplyDelete